Welcome to the blog of Elder Redge Ballard!

Redge has gone from planning to fly to the Brazil MTC, to driving to the Provo MTC, to the Houston Texas Mission, and now finally he has arrived in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We hope you'll enjoy following his adventures in sharing the restored Gospel to those he meets!



Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Man... the running around never stops....

Holy moly... I don't think I've ran around and traveled and stuff so much EVER in my life! What an adventure haha.

Well, I'll be super fast today cuz today is the independance day of Brazil, and we have to hurry and see if the supermarket's open to buy our food. Anyways, this last week has been awesome. We had a day where we walked like 30 minutes out of our way to contact a referral, and I ended up looking at the wrong address, so we ended up in the middle of nowhere. Anyways, Elder Gaertner did a contact with a 13 year old that was in front of his house, and since that day (i think it was friday) we've taught him and his mom. So as of now Igor and Helena will be baptized this weekend!! Ha, it's been kinda a while for me since I've had anyone baptized, so I'm pretty excited. Even though it's been lame not having baptisms, I've learned a TON from all of it. I love how regardless of what's going on, the Lord's teaching something. His thoughts are ALWAYS so much higher than mine, but when it all makes sense afterwards it's a great feeling. 

 These past few days have been nuts cuz on monday and on tuesday we've had training meetings in BH, so monday we woke up at 4 to get to BH by 9, and then yesterday we woke up at 2:30 (that's a new record by the way haha) to get there at 7. The travel is about from... probably Rexburg to like Logan UT, so i've made that trip 4 times in the last 2 days haha... I'm getting kinda tired of buses, but at least I'm getting better at sleeping in uncofortable places :P 

 All in all though the work is showing a ton of potential in this area. The members are really excited and there's TONs of people that are really receptive to the gospel. Since Elder Gaertner's at the end of his mission he's an amazing teacher, and that along with a desire to really "endure to the end" is bringing some amazing results. We had the area 70 of Minas Gerais come and talk to us on Monday and he really helped all of us open our vision to the importance of this work, and I realized how much more I have to improve with my faith and confidence in this work and my calling as a missionary. Even though I've got a TON to do better, I love everything about the work. I know this church is true, and even though I say it all the time, I'm still amazed every time I see it change someone's life so much. I'm so grateful for the trust the Lord puts in His missionaries to take care of his elects that need to come back to the flock. This Church and Gospel are so wonderful, what a privelege we all have to have it in our lives :) Love and miss you all!! Happy Brazilian independance day for you all haha. Hurrah for Israel!!!



 -Elder Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment