Welcome to the blog of Elder Redge Ballard!

Redge has gone from planning to fly to the Brazil MTC, to driving to the Provo MTC, to the Houston Texas Mission, and now finally he has arrived in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We hope you'll enjoy following his adventures in sharing the restored Gospel to those he meets!



Wednesday, May 9, 2012

4 Weeks of challenges finally pays off!!

'Tis crazy to think that Mother's Day is already isn't it? Does anyone else remember last mother's day when I said something to the effect of, "Man, it's weird that it'll be 8 months til the next call, then 4 months til the next call, then 4 months till I'm home?! It's gunna go fast!" Yeah, good heavens is all I have to say. It's almost unbelievable from my side haha...
I'll be really quick today cuz we're a little behind schedule, but this week was incredible!!! This last sunday we were privileged with the opportunity to baptize a lady named Meire!! We've been teaching her for like 4 weeks or so, and just cuz of complications on sundays and stuff she hadn't been able to make it to the sacrament meetings like she needed to. It was so cool seeing her grow though, she had so many blessings that the Lord gave her up until now, and we can't wait to see what else the Lord has in store for here now that she's passed through the step of baptism!! It was definitely a challenge to have so many road blocks come up, with family problems and emergencies and other crazy stuff, but it was just the best feeling ever to finally see her go down into the water and come up with a totally different look :) It was really touching as well cuz the newly called Relief Society President welcomed her after he baptizm and Meire started tearing up... The Spirit was SO strong and it's just the best feeling in the world to know not only that they are finally baptized, but that the branch is gunna hold them and help them stay firm. These last two days we went to Belo Horizonte for some training, and man... Definitely one of the highlights of my mission until now. I'm seriously so excited and stoked to just work my tail off till the end. President Parrella told us a personal experience about a few days back when he was saying his personal prayers. He said that he was feeling a little sorry for himself and expressing to the Lord how he doesn't want to end his mission (Pres. Parrella will end his mission on the 30th of June) and the Spirit basically told him "This isn't your work. It's mine. Go to work, and do what you know you need to." Him telling us that, the spirit basically relayed the power of that same message to me. This isn't my work. Even though I want it to just keep going on, it's not me that's making any of this happen, it's our Lord. So now I'm just trying my hardest to focus in with all I've got and become the type of tool that the Lord needs me to be. Thanks everyone for your prayers and support with this, and thanks for not being a trunky family that's always focused on the end of my mission haha. Obviously it will be exciting and fun to be home,  and we have a lot of fun plans and stuff that'll happen, but I need to focus on the now, and these next months that I still have covenanted to dedicate to the Lord. I love this work. I love you guys, and I'm so happy and proud to be a missionary. Hurrah for Israel and we'll talk on Sunday, 1:10 pm mountain time!!!    -Elder Ballard


No comments:

Post a Comment